Industrial Sewing Program Overview
- 12 weeks per Certificate program
- 3 sessions per week
- 3 hours per session
- 8 to 12 participants per cohort
- Manual and materials included in program fees
Learn about the manufacturing process and how to operate industrial sewing equipment.
Learn the single needle lockstitch and serger
|Job readiness and resume|
Workplace safety and communications
Networking with like minded people
Different types of fabrics, threads, and needles
|Zippers||Pressing and finishing|
After the first 7 weeks, participants will have an opportunity to develop their skills in a specific area, or continue to consolidate the skills they have learned.
To be eligible for WorkBC funding, all participants must:
- Self-identify as a person with a disability or mental health issue (documentation and/or diagnosis is beneficial but not necessary)
- Be age 16 and above
- Not be on EI
Upcoming program start dates:
- Monday, January 22nd, 2018 to Friday, April 13th, 2018
- April 2018 – August 2018 (Dates to be confirmed)
Interested in what we do and what it looks like? Check out our online photos!